Proven Negotiators And Litigators · Extensive Film And Television Industry Experience
At the Law Offices of Barry K. Rothman, a highly qualified entertainment and business law team provides focused, effective representation in licensing and distribution matters. We apply broad perspective gained across many decades in practice to protect our clients' interests.
We have the contracts law knowledge and financial acumen to handle the most complex negotiations. Our practice is balanced between representation of production/distribution companies and individual filmmakers, directors, producers, performers and stakeholders. When disputes arise, our clients are represented by attorneys with decades of trial and appellate court experience.
Knowledge Across The Spectrum Of Licensing And Distribution Agreements
Clients turn to our lawyers for clear, personalized guidance and strategic advice when evaluating and offering television and motion picture licensing and distribution agreements. We emphasize:
- Legal counsel based on a clear understanding of how each client defines success
- Familiarity with all nuances of licensing and distribution agreements for theatrical release, cable or network television, home video, Internet and other forms of distribution
- Identification of other agreements you may need in place to protect your financial interests, future goals and industry reputation
- Thorough analysis of proposals and contracts to expose any problematic issues and opportunities for our clients to obtain better payment terms and other terms
- Assertive advocacy for and defense of clients' interests when disputes arise over alleged contract violations and breaches, royalty accounting and other issues
As a boutique firm with a highly experienced group of business and entertainment law attorneys, we can respond quickly to address time-sensitive concerns. We are based in the heart of Los Angeles, California, but our clients come from many cultures all around the world. For a free consultation to discuss your need for legal counsel and representation, call 310-557-0062 or contact us online.