If you have lived a prominent, interesting life in the entertainment industry, or as a business leader or public official, your personal story may be a highly marketable asset. Proposals to write, publish or base a film on your life story are worthy of consideration. To protect your career, legacy and integrity, you should have experienced legal counsel you can trust.
Protecting Our Clients' Legacies And Financial Interests
At the Law Offices of Barry K. Rothman, in Los Angeles, California, our attorneys have been protecting the interests of prominent artists, performers and business leaders for more than four decades. You can count on insightful guidance in full view of your definition of success in any transaction. We emphasize:
- Evaluation of life story rights proposals based on the bidder's resources and reputation, structuring of royalties and other compensation, and other critical factors
- Thorough analysis of the market value of your biographical material and the timing of any granting of rights
- Protection of your right to review and approve the use of personal material prior to its publication or distribution
- Careful consideration of the impact of various projects on your family, career direction, and overall financial and personal priorities
- Negotiation of development and production agreements optimally suited to clients' needs
Decades Of High-Profile Experience · Trusted By Legends And Their Families
Our experience includes long-term, full-service representation of numerous prominent entertainment industry clients — actors and musicians, filmmakers, producers, and performers in other fields. We also negotiate contracts and handle litigation for production and development companies.
Life story rights agreements can be among the most important contracts you ever enter. To work closely with a lawyer who has the knowledge and perspective to help you make sound legal decisions, call 310-557-0062 or contact us online and request a free consultation.