Across the many business and commercial sectors we serve at the Law Offices of Barry K. Rothman, all clients have concerns involving competition. When disputes arise over unauthorized use of copyrighted material, theft of proprietary data, or violation of a noncompete or any other contract, our clients receive focused, effective representation.
Contract Violations · Partnership And Employment Disputes · Infringement
Unfair competition claims often arise after a business relationship has ended or taken a negative turn. Offenders may be former partners and employees, Internet media operations, or various other parties with access to your artistic property or confidential material. Our team of lawyers has decades of experience handling such conflicts across the spectrum of entertainment law and general business litigation.
Our Los Angeles, California, business attorneys' knowledge and capabilities extend to:
- Contract disputes of all types, including those involving rights to trademarks, customer databases, patents, and the distribution of music or filmed material
- Thorough review and analysis of employment agreements, development and production agreements to assess the strength of your case
- Representation in cases requiring intellectual property litigation
- Claims that may rise to the level of tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty, misrepresentation or fraud
- Actions for defamation, libel, slander, false advertising or invasion of privacy
Decades Of Experience Protecting Our Clients' Rights And Interests
The questions of whether unfair competition can be proven under the law and what damages may be recoverable are familiar subjects at our firm. We have extensive experience in conducting investigations and handling lawsuits in state and federal courts, mediation settings and through direct negotiation.
If you have questions regarding unfair business practices, antitrust law, your rights to protected material or other issues, we encourage you to contact our long-standing law firm at 310-557-0062 or via email now.